You can recover a wallet when you first initialize your Nano S, after an update, and / or after having reset your device (to reset your device, enter 3 wrong PIN codes in a row).
First, make sure to have a 12-word, 18-word or 24-word backup. (Ledger passphrases are always 24-word ones)
- Connect your Nano S
- Read the instructions
- Decline to configure as new device by selecting the cross icon with left button when “Configure as new device ?” is prompted
- Select “Restore configuration” with Right button.
- Choose a 4 to 8 digit custom PIN code, using left button to decrease value, right button to increase it, and both buttons to validate each number.
- Confirm by re-entering this same PIN code.
- Now you need your Ledger Recovery sheet on which you previously copied your 24 words backup, or a passphrase from a wallet designed by another brand
- Choose the number of words required to restore your backup. For example, if you import a Ledger Wallet recovery phrase, select “24 words”
- Then enter each word following the numerical order until the 24th
- Wait until confirmation